All contributions to the Journal of Badiou Studies are published on the Journal of Badiou Studies website in an online Open Access format, under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, in addition to being made available in print-on-demand editions published by punctum books.
A full specification of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License can be found here. In summary, users of works published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License are free to share (copy, distribute and transmit) the contribution and made available for re-use, in its online and print versions, under the following conditions:
- Attribution. Users must attribute the contribution in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they or their use of the contribution is endorsed by the author or licensor).
- Noncommercial. Users may not use this contribution for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works. Users may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Ownership of copyright remains with the Authors, provided that when reproducing the Contribution or extracts from it, they acknowledge and reference publication by the Journal of Badiou Studies and punctum books. Authors also retain the following non-exclusive rights:
- To reproduce the Contribution in whole or in part in any printed or electronic volume of which
they are the author(s).
- To post a copy of the contribution as accepted for publication on their own website or institutional repository or the Authors’ funding body’s designated archive after publication, provided that they also give a hyperlink from the Contribution to punctum’s web page for the work.
- To reuse content created by them and contained in the Contribution in other works created by
Prior to publication, all contributors must certify that:
- The Authors are the sole authors of and sole owners of the copyright in the Contribution. If the Contribution includes materials of others, the Authors have obtained the permission of the owners of the copyright in all such materials to enable them to grant the rights contained herein. Copies of all such permissions are attached to this license.
- The Author who has signed this Agreement has full right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement on behalf of all of the Authors.
- Nothing in the Contribution violates any right of privacy or infringes any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark) or any other human, personal or other rights of any person or entity.
- Nothing in the Contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which any of the Authors may owe to anyone else or violates any contract, express or implied, of any of the Authors, and all of the institutions in which work recorded in the Contribution was carried out have authorized publication of the Contribution.
- The Authors authorize the Publisher to take such steps as it considers necessary at its own expense in the Authors’ name and on their behalf if it believes that a third party is infringing or is likely to infringe copyright in the Contribution.
- The Authors hereby consent to the inclusion of electronic links from the Contribution to third-party material wherever may be located.